Monday, July 18, 2011

Heat Day 3

A sauna.  Thats what we lived in today.  It rained during the morning and then the sun came out about noon.  The cows stayed in again today so there was the extra bedding and additional feed that Bruce mixed.  We were again glad that the cows seemed to handle the heat.  All that means is we had only a few that were breathing hard and none that were panting.  I am glad that, with the exception of the new one, my hutch calves are all drinking out of pails so its easy to get fluids into them.  The new one seems to be doing well at this point.  About the time I got home today Bruce came home from once again picking berries!  It was 92 degrees with 93% humidity today!  He says he is done going to the woods for now, but claims he knows where the next ones are growing : )  When I was feeding the new calf tonight I had sweat dripping down my face and my glasses steamed up LOL. Joe came and helped milk tonight.  We all 3 milked with Joe prepping, Bruce (and Joe & I if needed) handling milkers and I post dipped.  It seemed like milking went faster tonight.  The cows are out again tonight.  There isn't much breeze but there is nice grass and no sun. The milk man comes tomorrow so we will see what the cows think of this weather.

Berry picking day 1 & 2

Berry picking day 3 & 4

No comments:

Post a Comment