Sunday, September 11, 2011

New To Us Mower

We had made the decision last week to buy a different mower since the grass will not quit growing and I am not getting any younger.  Our old mower is 20 years old and seems to be extra hard on my back the last couple years.  I had asked to have it delivered to Jim's home where we had planned to pick it up today but Bruce's back didn't need another ride in the truck.  With the help of a friends van and a little creativity Jim was able to deliver it (2004 john deere) here last last night.  He unloaded it early and mowed a bit of lawn as a test, then parked it next to the 4 wheeler by the barn. As long as he was here I asked if he would help me milk to give Bruce a little less to do.  With all 3 of us in the barn Bruce was able to sit a bit and still visit.  Jim hasn't been home for awhile, and probably won't come back after we put him to work! After milking I went to move the mower so I could mow later.  The dog circled it once and then jumped on!  I am sure he is wondering why in the world we bought "that" since he had no place to sit and fell off pretty quickly.  He never rode on the old mower but we are pretty sure it was just a new 4 wheeler.  I mowed lawn this afternoon and Bruce did the necessary feeding but not more than he had to.  Tonight he is feeling a bit better, hopefully that continues.


The corn is starting to mature with the husks and silks turning brown

The kernels are starting to dent

Our new mower being unloaded.  It was a very tight fit

No comments:

Post a Comment